Friday, November 13, 2009

Christmas Gift Ideas

Is it already to early to start posting about what to get everyone for Christmas? I am already thinking about it of course, so what is the harm in posting. I think there really is no better gift than a needed item for a food storage pantry or emergency supply. Really you could theme all your gifts this year around preparedness. See.
Hostess or Neighbor Gift
A candle is a pretty typical hostess/ neighbor gift. What about this emergency candle? Get 12 complete with wrapping for $45.00 or about $3.75 a gift here.
I would prefer this to a plate of way to much sugar any day.

Friend Gift
This Emergency Food Storage text would be a treat for any friend... or every friend at under $11 a piece. That is a hint friends :)

Boss/ Co-Worker Gift
This beautiful stainless steel canteen. A gift for the boss or co-workers. It is classy, useful around the office, and not too personal, especially if you don't get them personalized. Get a bunch of different colors so everyone's is different.

Sibling Gift

My sister is moving into a new house with tons of closets and storage. If I had drawn her name for Christmas this year maybe she would be getting some food rotation shelves filled with her families favorites. They are even on sale right now for $34.99 at Shelf Reliance

Parents
My parents are the most ridiculous people to shop for. They already have waaaaaay to much stuff. And they just buy themselves whatever they want, and the calendars/ mouse pads/ mugs/ frames/ etc. plastered with their grandchildren's faces are getting a little old. Here is something I think they could actually use. A large fire and water file chest found on amazon for $58. Maybe with a note that says I will help them get their documents in order. They are very unorganized. I have spent hours more than once during a family emergency scouring their home for contact info or insurance numbers. So secrettlly this might be a present to them to benifit me.

Looks like my shopping is done. Ha Ha, actually I have one gift, and it wasn't even purchased with emergency preparedness in mind. I think my two year old still prefers dream doll houses to dehydrated apple slices.... but I could be wrong.
Coming soon. My Christmas wish list. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails