Thursday, May 27, 2010
Pie Pops and Pie Cookies
You may already have guessed that I have a thing for charming desserts.
In fact I kind of have a reputation for it.
I found these cute "suckers" at where else but bakerella
I've been playing with them over the last few months, making them for this and that.
Including Saturdays BBQ.
Making them can be as easy or hard as you want.
Cinch it out and buy pre made crust and pie filling,
it will take about thirty minutes.
or try this pie crust if you don't already have a favorite.
1. Use a small circle cookie cutter, or the opening of a children's cup (that is what I do)
and cut our a dozen or so small circles on a lightly floured surface. Place them on greased cookie sheet. ( You can get about 9 our of one regular 9" pie crust recipe)
2. Put one spoonful of filling including only one cherry in the middle of the cirlces
3. Cut out a dozen more small circles.
4. Press them on top of the topped crust circles
5. Use a fork, or candy sucker stick to press and seal crusts together.
6. Glaze with egg white and sugar
7. Bake at 375 for 13 minutes
*optional: after placing filling, place candy sucker stick inside before sealing for pie on a stick
Serve them in a pie tin.
Wait for every female at your party to squeal in delight about your adorable PIE COOKIES.