Monday, June 28, 2010

No Impact Man




Have you seen this movie
NO IMPACT MAN

I watched it on Netflix yesterday late at night.
It is not new. Originally produced in 2004.
I thought it was extreme but interesting.
A family determines to not impact the environment for an entire year.
They use no paper products, eat all natrually and locally grown food, turn off the electricity and heat in their New York apartment, get rid of their television, wash their clothing with their feet in a bathtub, brush their teeth with baking soda...
I could never do it.
I couldn't handle not using real cleaning products for one thing.
I can't stand things dirty.
Also I have never eaten a turnip and am not sure I want to.
But I like the idea of trying something new to not be so wasteful.

1 comment:

  1. Turnips are actually good. I had neaps and tatties in Scotland and they were DELICIOUS! You should try it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails