Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Everybody's Favorite Spinach Dip


Once I was asked to bring an appetizer to a fancy party.
I called my Mom and asked her for this recipe.
Partly because I remembered it being delicious, and partly because I was all of 21 and could only think of 2 or 3 appetizers.
I brought it to the party, and within minutes of my arrival it was entirely gone.  The 5 couples present had devoured it, including the bread bowl which I had hollowed out and was serving the dip in.
After it was such a hit I started serving it a lot.  At showers I threw, other parties of my own, and those I was invited to.
I have had several hostesses ask me to make and bring it to their party.
Including today.
We are headed to a Mom and Kid Halloween Party- and my dip was requested again.

It is always such a hit, but also super easy.

Here is how to make your own.

Simple Spinach Dip
1 cup Mayo
1 cup Sour Cream
1 package Leek Soup mix from Knor's
1-2 cups chopped spinach.

Mix all together and let refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
Serve it with your favorite artisan bread or sourdough.
I usually serve it in a bread bowl for "prettiness".




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails