Tuesday, November 30, 2010

$2.45 for Custom Pottery Barn Stockings.






How do you get the traditional Pottery Barn Stockings with each family members name embroidered on the cuff for under $2.45 though they are normally $15.00 a piece?

First you name your children traditional names, commonly requested by people ordering stockings.
Ha!


Then you go to Down East during one of the Spring Clearance Sales and dig through literally 400 stockings until you find a stocking bearing the name of a family member. I actually found "Sam", "Jacob" and "Kate", though I left the Kate because it was pink and did not match the others which were red, green and white. I did find two blank stockings that did match the others that needed some minor repair. I bought all of them for a grand total of .80 cents. If you don't want to bother to do the math, I'll do it for you, because you must see what a great deal this is. $0.20 a piece.
Ridiculous right?
Of course $0.20 seems like an appropriate price for a stocking with somebody else's name on it.
I think this is what you get when you name your kids (and have a husband who was named) something traditional.

The two blank stockings I took to the local printing shop and had "Kate" and "Crystal" but on them for $9.00.

In this picture the "Jacob" is the Pottery Barn custom and the "Crystal" is my local print shop. I chose different font for each stocking so they each were a little different.

I am beyond pleased with my deal.
Now we just have to wait for Santa to come fill them.







1 comment:

  1. Alright, that is just plain old amazing. Quite possibly the BEST deal I have ever heard of anyone scoring brand new, especially from Pottery Barn. They look terrific and I know the kids will love them. Yay for traditional names!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails