Thursday, October 22, 2009

Shelves


A few weeks ago I went searching for some more shelving to hold storage items. Truth be told I have been looking for a new shelf for months. We have our three month supply on some shelves I purchased at Walmart in the laundry room. I haven't been super pleased with the unit. It was extremely difficult to assemble, and falls apart when moved. We have a storage closet in the basement, that I intended to line with shelves to hold our more extensive food supply. But the perfect shelf meant it had to be sturdy, easy to put together, able to be purchased at a store within 1 hours drive or ordered online with free shipping, and most of all it had to be affordable. In the end my research was not as extensive as I intended it to be. But when I found this shelf at IKEA for between $29.99 and $39.99 depending on the width, I went for. Good choice I would say. It took all of 15 minutes to assemble and appears extremely sturdy. The only thing I don't love about it is that it only has four shelves- where five would be more preferable. Compared to what I have been able to find online- like this- this Ikea shelf was an incredible deal. I just love being organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails