Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Sweet Cheap Holiday Gift

Got some of this? I had several boxes ready to expire in the next few months. We don't use powdered milk ever really, and surely not enough to use up what we had in the next two or three months.
Turns out it is the main ingredient in homemade hot cocoa mix.

Hot Cocoa Recipe
10 cups of non-fat powdered milk
4 3/4 cup confectioner sugar
1 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 3/4 cup non diary creamer
1/2 -1 bag mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 bag mini marshmallows

Directions-
It doesn't get easier than this- just mix everything together in one big bowl.... one really big bowl.

To mix for drinking add 1/3 cup of the mix to 3/4 cup boiling water.

I had been saving empty cans of formula for a to be determined use. Conveniently I had saved the scoops as well. Then I cut and mod podged Christmas scrap paper to the cans and lids, attached some cut out tags with ribbon, included the mixing directions on the tags, and had enough for almost five cans. It would look just as lovely in personal cellophane bags tied together with a candy cane stick. What a great/easy/use what I've got gift.

Your welcome neighbors and casual friends.

1 comment:

  1. I hadn't seen your new blog!! I love everything about it, and I am totally going to try this hoy cocoa recipe. YUM!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails