Monday, May 10, 2010

Craft Projects for $1 or less

Jake was away at Wood Badge again this week. My kids thankfully go to bed at 8:00 p.m. without too much complaint. But I can't sleep until at least 10:30 pm. Leaving me with more than two hours to fill.
What have I been doing?
I had to shop crafts stores this week looking for something for a girls camp project.
I guess it has been a while since I spent any time in a craft store.
I was inspired.

I started with some mug painting. Don't you love that 1st one. I think it is hilarious.
Below, I gave chalkboard paint a try.
It would be so hostess of me, if I made a large set of these, then chalked my guests name on them for parties. The mugs were all of .59 cents at Ikea. You can find them here.

I printed these love notes off and placed them around the house for Majesty to find.
You can print your own too.
All you have to do is click on over to Kind Over Matter and browse their selection of FREE cards.

I created a few mother's day bouquets like the ones I found at Mother Huddle.


Then I made a few individually wrapped bouquets for a few women in my neighborhood that I admire. I think they actually turned out cuter than the large size. These were so inexpensive to create. Wrapped and all they cost less than .20 cents a piece.
I tied them up with some FREE mother's day gift tags from TomKat Studios.

I finished the evening off with this Large monogram letter. I don't love how it turned out. For some reason my avocado spray paint kept separating. I don't really have a place for it, but I found the letter for $1.00 at Hobby Lobby and wanted to do something with it. I painted it, a piece of leftover wood, distressed them a bit and hot glued them together.

When it comes to DIY craft projects I am not a perfectionist.
I prefer things fast, imperfect, easy, and cheap.
6 completed projects in one night $1 or less a piece = Success.

1 comment:

  1. Just discovered your blog. Very cute and your children are adorable! I am a new follower. Visit me at Mama's Little Chick - www.mamaslittlechick.com.

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails