Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Crock Pot Cooking- Double Chocolate Bread Pudding
Warm Double Chocolate Bread Pudding.
Want to try some.
I'll admit this recipe is a little more complicated than my usual crock pot recipe. I mean you have to do more than just gather ingredients and throw them in... but not that much more.
5-6 cups cubed Cinnamon bread
3 cups milk
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup cocoa powder
*Whipped topping, extra chocolate chips and cocoa powder for topping
1. Spray crock pot with non stick coating.
2. Bring milk to a simmer in a sauce pan- then remove from heat
3. Dump in chocolate chips and cocoa powder but don't stir- let sit for 4 minutes
4. Beat eggs in separate bowl, then add chocolate mix. Whisk until smooth
5. Add bread cubes.
6. Spoon into crock pot
7. Set on your lowest setting for 2-3 hours. It is done when it puffs up and a knife when inserted comes out clean.
8. Embellish and Serve.
Baked dessert without having to heat up the house with the oven on.
You could even put your crock pot in the garage if it did give off any heat, just don't forget about it.