Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Crock Pot Cooking & Saving Money


Have you heard of this blog.

Its owner Stephanie made a resolution to cook in her crock pot every day in 2008.... and hasn't stopped since.

This is awesome because.... I LOVE SLOW COOKING.

I was browsing her site today and read a post I had missed.
Save Money By Using Your Crock Pot Slow Cooker.
She details how you can SAVE MONEY while using your crock pot to cook here.

I am sure I am saving money when I cook this way. If not for the reasons she says, then because I don't panic at 5:00 that we have nothing to eat and then decide we are going to Arby's.
And also because cheap cuts of meat, dried beans, and leftovers come out of the crock pot like rockstars ready to serve to guests you hardly know and want to impress.

She has a new book out.Make It Fast, Cook It Slow: The Big Book of Everyday Slow Cooking

I think it would make a lovely mother's day gift.... especially if your mother is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails