Thursday, May 20, 2010
Crock Pot Cooking- Shredded Lime Garlic Pork Tacos
Another delicious and easy recipe for cooking in your slow cooker
Shredded Lime Garlic Pork Tacos
1lbs pork loin- really any cut will do fine
1 yellow or red sweet pepper chopped
1 yellow or white onion chopped
3 cloves garlic pressed
1 canned diced tomatoes
pinch of pepper and salt
3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1. cut your pork loin into several pieces so it will be easier to shred. Place in pot
2. zest your lime, then juice it. add both
3. chop pepper and onion and cilantro and add to slow cooker
4. press garlic into slow cooker.
5. add tomatoes and pinch of salt and pepper
6. Stir and set on low for 4-8 hours.
7. During cooking, when tender, shred pork .
8. Drain mix so it won't make your tortillas soggy.
9. Serve in corn tortillas.
*You can top with cheese and sour cream, but you won't need to -they are delicious enough without these extras.
10. Wait for polite thank yous and grinning mouths asking for seconds.
This recipe literally takes 10 minutes
but taste like something from a coastal Mexican restaurant.
Speaking of coastal Mexican restaurants...
The 1st day of our honeymoon we ate at a coastal Mexican restaurant with an eight foot crocodile sitting at our feet waiting for scraps of food to fall.
It was insane.
I can't remember what I ordered, or if the food was good, all I can remember is the crocodile trained to clean up after us.