Tuesday, November 2, 2010

$1 Project- Paper Wreath




I had seen these over blog land for some time.  I wanted to try my hand at mine- and maybe make it more detailed and less sloppy then most I had seen.

What you need-

$1 foam wreath base (I found mine at the Dollar Store)
Dark colored acrylic paint- I used some gray I had.
Paint brush
Lots of hot glue
1 book you don't want- I used a paperback off the "Free" shelf at the Public Library.

What I did-
Step 1:  Take a paint brush and with the book closed paint the top, bottom, and side of the book, so all pages are darkened on the ends.   Let the paint dry overnight. This will give the wreath a little more depth then the clean white paper.

Step 2: Rip out all the pages and separate them.  You will find that they are stuck together because of the paint.  Look for words, or letters you might want to make sure are showing.  I lucked out and my paperback had a chapter titled "LOVE" and a chapter titled "HOME".

Step 3:  Roll pages length wise, and glue to the back of wreath base.  Be sure to vary gluing them on upside down and right way randomly.  Also be sure you roll the pages in, so that not every edge shows the title of your book.






'

  I completed the top half of the wreath and then the bottom half, but I think you could finish one layer at a time and then move on to the next it is up to you.

Step 4:  Roll pages length wise, fold in half and glue two or three layers to the outside ring of wreath base.




Step 5:  Roll pages width wise and fold in half and glue on the front side of wreath base.
I inserted my center page with the "LOVE" chapter title in the middle before completing this step.






Step 6:  Hang with ribbon.  You won't be able to loop the ribbon through the wreath, so you can tack or glue it down in the back to the wreath base.










linking up

<br>http://www.thethriftyhome.com

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful wreath. i like how you have LOVE in the middle!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails