Friday, May 14, 2010
Dessert Genius- Portale Smores
Have we talked about how I am kind of a dessert genius.
Think Bakerella meets Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory.
I almost hesitate to share these because they are kind of my secret weapon to impress people.
I thought of these little babies when Majesty was taking a group of Boy Scouts on a camp out where they could not have a fire.
You seriously can't have a camp out with out S'mores.
You just can't.
Thus these Portable S'mores were born in our kitchen about four years ago.
I have been making them ever since per the request of anyone who has ever eaten one.
You can try them too.
They really are a cinch and will please any camper big or small.
1. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper
2. Stick Lollipop sticks through marshmallows
3. Crush 10-15 graham crackers into bowl
4. Melt dipping chocolate however you prefer in separate bowl.
- I use Almond Bark making bars. Melt in a microwave safe bowl for 1:15 stirring twice.
5. Then dip marshmallow on stick into chocolate. Don't cover completely, and let drip for a few seconds.
6. Roll in graham cracker crumbs
7. Set to dry on top end on parchment paper
8. Wait for campers to tell you you are in fact a Dessert Genius
and that they would like S'more. :)
* I think they would also make for a fun camping themed party- or any party for that matter.
What about a kid party with paper fire and these.
It would be adorable.
I promise you it would.
linking up here