Thursday, June 3, 2010

Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies


"Chocolate Chip Cookies,
You gotta have more,
You can bake 'em in the oven,
You can buy 'em at the store,
But whatever you do,
Have them ready at the door,
And I'll love you 'til I die"

-Just a little tune we often sing around this place-

We all like these classic chocolate chip cookies.
Samurai it literally rolling on the floor and laughing while he eats this cookie.
Can you imagine a happier little guy?
He must take after his mother.
When we have these around I forgo eating breakfast and eat these instead.
Just a perk of being a grown up I guess.

I have been making the same chocolate chip cookies since I was 18 years old.

I like the recipe because it is so easy to remember I never have to look at a recipe to whip up a batch wherever I am. The ingredient amounts are always 1 or 2 or whatever.

1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup Crisco
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
1 package chocolate chips

1. Preheat Oven to 350
2. Grease cookie sheets
3. Cream sugar and crisco
4. Beat in egg
5. Add all ingredients minus chocolate
6. Stir in chocolate chips
7. Drop by Tablespoon on to cookie sheet
8. Bake for 8-10 minutes
- Yield 4-5 dozen

The secret to these chewy cookies is to take them out at ten minutes or less. They do not look cooked completely, but they will finish on the sheet when you take them out. Don't be tempted to leave them in any longer.

Do you have a classic chocolate chip cookie recipe you love?


I hope cookies make you smile like this too.

1 comment:

  1. Well those were dangerously delicious! We practically inhaled them. Yum.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails