Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Custom Door Mat

Have you seen custom door mats like this one.
If you wanted this one... it is $57.00
Yikes!













Having a new custom door mat for my own front door was completely part of the "Freshen Front Door" project I have been working on this month.


I had completed this wreath,
sanded and repainted the door bright white,
pressure washed the cement steps and awning.


It was really all that was left of the front door makeover.



I found a  plain door mat like this one at TJ Max for $5.99. 
This one  above is actually from IKEA for all of $4.99.



I brought it home and started laying some masking tape to mark off the lines.
I printed large letters out on Word, then cut the letters out of the paper, to leave a stencil.






I took the mat outside and sprayed it with some left over Black Spray Paint.  I seem to have an endless supply 1/4 cans of spray paint.




It smudged a little, you can see by the J.






Overall I am pleased with my $5.99 door mat.
And my front door makeover is complete!

Linking up




1 comment:

  1. Consider the type of material that will be best for the mat. Sometimes rubber is a better choice, although there are many other options available as well. Once again, this is related to the type of use that you think the mat will have, so try to make the piece as perfect as you can for whatever particular use you are aiming for.
    house signs

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails