Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Penguin Classics

I came across these yesterday shopping for a few books to read on our upcoming trip.
Somehow though I read quiet a bit, I have managed to make it to adulthood without reading a single book by Jane Autin (gasp).  Though if the films based on her books are any indication I would guess I might enjoy them.
{One fall I spent every afternoon between school and work nursing a broken heart, curled up in my bed watching an installment in the Pride and Prejudice [Blu-ray]AE movie}
Aside from this short indulgence, I have rarely had any interest in romantic movies or novels, and usually stick to things of a more true and intense nature.
I've decided to give Jane Austin and her 1st two novels a chance for my next reads.
I was already considering them as my next reads, then when I searched Amazon and foundPenguin Classicsnew vintage hardback series.  I was sold.



Sense and Sensibility (Penguin Classics)




Great Expectations (Penguin Classics)


Little Women (Penguin Classics)


I have two being shipping by Thursday and can't wait.
I also see the rest of the collection making its way slowly into our home.
I love having classic novels in our collection, and the prettiness of these Penguin Classics makes me want them all the more just  to have them sitting on my shelf.



**Sorry for the links not working earlier.  They are working now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails