Friday, June 1, 2012

Lactose Free Sugar Free Popsicles

We are feeding our kids lactose free and fructose free now.
Due to food sensitivities and allergies.
It is a lot of work.
You can't imagine where you'll find sugar hidden as an ingredient.
If I can hardly find lunch meat that meets our new diet standards, the chances of my finding a popsicles are basically 0  to never.
And the forecast for today suggests it may reach 109F.  UGGG.
My kids have been desperate for popsicles.
I mean what is summer without them?
So I found these popsicle molds at Target and went to work.
Some mom's I know are pros at feeding their kids without dairy and sugar.
I am stretching my mind to find things my kids happily eat.
But we came up with two recipes today in a popsicle treat that fit the bill.


Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Pops
(dairy free, fructose low)
1 Banana
1 cup Rice Milk
1/4 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter (special without sugar or dairy)
1/4 cup chocolate Almond Dream "ice cream"
1/4 cup of ice.
Blend in blender
Freeze til solid- about 4 hours.


Strawberry Banana Pops
(dairy free, fructose low)
1 Banana
4 strawberries 
1 cup rice milk
1/4 cup of ice 
Blend in blender
Freeze til solid about 4 hours
*strawberries are not the best but I figure they are going to get like 1/2 a strawberry in the pop, it just makes it look way better in color.  Can't wait to try with blueberries instead.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails