Sunday, July 8, 2012

Gluten Free, Dairy Free, FructMal Friendly Dessert

Chocolate Waffles.
sorry no picture.

My husbands family has a tradition of making chocolate cake waffles topped with ice cream for Sunday dessert.
We use to do this once in a while in our own family to carry on tradition.
It didn't take much convincing.  They are delicious.

Tonight I attempted a new version to fit our kids diet needs.
And it worked out wonderfully.
And delicious.
I know others who are looking for Gluten Free, Dairy Free or Fructose Low foods might enjoy the recipe as well.
Treats and snacks are where I find myself usually struggling the most when feeding the kids.
So I am always happy to have something new.

These are super easy too.  You'll hardly realize you are eating a modified dessert.

Waffles.
1/2 cup cocoa powder.
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/4 cup rice milk or dairy sub of your choice
1 3/4 gluten free bisquick (god bless the geniuses who made this. really)

Topping.
Chocolate Almond Milk Ice ream

Mix together ingredients for waffles.  Cook like waffles in your waffle maker.  I spray coat my maker really well, then the waffles usually take 4 minutes or so.   Just follow your makers directions.
Immediately after removing from waffle maker, place on individual plates and put a 1-2 Tablespoons of Almond Milk Chocolate Dream "Ice Cream". It will melt making a kind of syrup/ frosting.

Everyone enjoyed these and it was fun to be able to carry on the Freeman Family Chocolate Waffle tradition.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails